VMS Touring 500S Portable GPS 4x4 Navigation Unit
VMS are the pioneers of REAL 4x4 portable GPS units which combine street maps with off road maps of bush tracks. The Touring 500S sets a benchmark in serious portable outback 4WD navigation unit design. It is the the very first portable GPS to offer :
In the Box
- 1 x VMS Touring 500S GPS Unit
- 1 x Windscreen suction cup
- 1 x Bracket for suction cup
- 1 x 12 Volt DC vehicle charger
- 1 x 240 Volt AC wall charger
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x Camera video input cable (camera not included)
- 1 x Carry case
- 1 x Quick Start Guide Book
- 1 x iTOPO DVD including Memory Map PC software, iTOPO and Gregory's maps.
- 1 x 4 GB SDHC memory card preloaded with iTOPO and Gregory's maps
Regarded by industry experts as the best overall map of Australia, the iTOPO maps provide detailed terrain and off road track information for every part of the country.
Gregory's maps are the must have collection for anyone touring the outback. They include detailed information on camp sites, service stations, caravan parks and numerous other points of interest.
Mud Map Software
Various types of off road map software has been available over the years, but generally always were difficult to use or lacked features. However, with the VMS Touring 500S GPS unit you get brand new software from Mud Map that promises to be far easier to use. In fact most users will feel quite comfortable using the Mud Map software within 5 minutes !